GR Board of Education Narrows Superintendent Search to Three Candidates
Second-round Interviews set for February 17 at 5:00 p.m.
The Grand Rapids Board of Education met at a special work session on February 10 to discuss, deliberate, and vote on which candidates will be invited for the second-round interviews for the position of Superintendent.
On Monday, February 17, 2020, candidates will visit Grand Rapids, tour GRPS schools, and meet with GRPS students, parents, staff, and community members. Beginning at 5:00 p.m., the Grand Rapids Board of Education will hold the second round of interviews to fill the position of Superintendent. The candidates’ names and bios are as follows:
- Dr. Leadriane Roby, Assistant Superintendent of Richfield Public Schools in Richfield, MN since 2014. Dr. Roby received a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education from the University of Minnesota, a Master of Arts in Education Administration from Saint Mary’s of Minnesota, a K-12 Educational Licensure from Saint Mary’s of Minnesota, and a Ph.D. in K-12 Educational Leadership, Research, and Technology from Western Michigan University. (Resume)
- Dr. Erick D. Pruitt, Deputy Chief of High Schools for Chicago Public Schools in Chicago, IL, since 2019. Dr. Pruitt has a Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education and Illinois Teacher Certificate from Purdue University; a Master of Education in Education Administration and Supervision, and Illinois Administrator Certificate from Loyola University Chicago; and an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership and Illinois Superintendent Endorsement from National-Louis University. (Resume)
- Dr. Darrin Slade, Assistant Superintendent of School Leadership for Kansas City Public Schools in Kansas City, MO since 2018. Dr. Slade received a Bachelor of Science in Political Science from Towson University, a master’s in teaching from Johns Hopkins University, an Advanced Professional Certificate in Admin Leadership from Johns Hopkins University, an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership from University of Maryland College Park. (Resume)
Interviews will take place at the Grand Rapids Public Schools Rev. Lyman S. Parks, Jr. Administration Building (1331 Franklin Street SE) and are open to the public. A live stream will be available for those who are unable to attend, and feedback forms for the candidates will be available both in-person and digitally. The Board of Education welcomes community input on each candidate.
A live stream will be available at live.grps.org beginning at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, February 17.
- English feedback form: surveymonkey.com/r/SuptFeedback2020
- Spanish feedback form: surveymonkey.com/r/Superintendente2020
If you are interested in watching the candidates’ first round of interviews, they are available at http://bit.ly/Round1Supt. Dr. Leadriane Roby’s interview begins at the 0:6:55 video timestamp, Dr. Darrin Slade’s interview begins at the 5:00:30 timestamp, and Dr. Erick Pruitt’s interview begins at the 6:19:30 timestamp. First-round interviews took place on Saturday, February 8, 2020, beginning at 8:30 a.m. in the Grand Rapids Public Schools Rev. Lyman S. Parks, Jr. Administration Building.
The Board of Education will meet at a special work session on Monday, February 24 at 5:30 p.m. to discuss the next steps of the Superintendent Search.