Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update 3/13/2020
We want to thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to work through a fluid and ever-changing situation related to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
As you know, Governor Whitmer has declared a state of emergency and closed all public and private schools now through April 5. We know there are a lot of questions and concerns.
We want to assure you that we will be providing a series of communications to give answers and clear direction during the next days and weeks.
In the meantime, here are a few immediate items we can report on:
- Schools are closed until April 5. There will be no building access unless otherwise communicated. We will send a future communication about Spring Break.
- Resources for supporting student learning are being considered and future updates will be provided.
- Resources to address student nutrition and food insecurity are being considered and future updates will be provided.
- We are not accepting donations of food, clothing, or supplies.
- There will be ongoing updates and communications over the coming days and weeks. A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document is being created and will be posted to the website, social media, and future emails.
- Qualifying high school students have The Rapid WAVE cards that can be used for emergencies and extenuating circumstances.
- Of the four school-based health clinics, only the Burton Health Clinic is open.
Please stay tuned for future updates and communications.