BROOKSIDE ELEMENTARY (PK-5 Grade)
Return to Learn Parent Information Session
Beautiful, walkable, and surrounded by green space, Brookside Elementary combines a strong academic program with a consistent behavioral focus. It is located in Southeast Grand Rapids next to the Gerald R. Ford Nature Center and the Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center.
Consider Brookside Elementary for your child if:
- You are seeking teachers who believe in your child’s potential to learn and achieve.
- You want your child to learn in an environment of high expectations.
- You need a school offering English as Second Language (ESL) services.
- You need a school with an all-day kindergarten.
- You believe community mentors can uniquely help young learners.
Brookside has shown a commitment to ensuring students experience an engaging curriculum and high achievement. Staff work with each student to identify their needs and help them take their learning to the next level.
Brookside is proud to have an outstanding team of teachers and support staff. In fact, 85% of parents surveyed said they feel like the school’s staff cares about their child. Students enjoy a welcoming learning environment where staff work together to meet the needs of all children.
The parents at Brookside are committed to partnering with school staff to build a positive, collaborative learning environment. Parents are welcomed and encouraged to be involved by school staff. The result is a collaborative partnership that benefits all students.
Staff at Brookside take a fair, firm, and consistent approach to discipline. In fact, 85% of parents said they see that the school’s rules are consistently enforced for all students. This approach is paired with a program known as Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS), which recognizes students for making good choices and showing positive behavior. The result is a safe and secure learning environment.
AVAILABLE AT BROOKSIDE
Brookside Elementary is proud to offer:
- Parent-Teacher Community Council
- Community-based mentoring.
- English as a Second Language services.
- Volunteer opportunities through Steelcase, Kroc Community Center and Schools of Hope.
- Located next to the Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center.