Thank you for making Grand Rapids Public Schools your choice for your child's education. Whether you are new to the district or a returning family, we are here to support you as you find a school that is right for your child. Explore our website to learn more about our district and find details about each of our amazing schools.
Enrollment is open for the 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 school years!
New to GRPS? Enroll today!
Step 1: Find Your School
The enrollment process begins by identifying the right school for your child. To begin your search, identify which neighborhood school belongs to you. Neighborhood schools have attendance area boundaries that are determined by your address, and they provide a comprehensive, community-oriented education close to home. If you are interested in learning about additional schools, you can use the Find A School search tool to explore all of our school options.
We recommend contacting your schools of interest, starting with your neighborhood school, to ask questions, request a tour, and learn more about their programs and culture. You can also attend any of our Open Houses, Community Events, or School Choice Expos to connect with principals and staff who will help you with the enrollment process.
Step 2: Complete Online Enrollment Form
Online enrollment can be completed quickly and easily through ParentVue, our online information system for caregivers. In addition to housing registration and enrollment information, ParentVue can be used to review your child’s grades, attendance records, important documents, etc. throughout the year.
- Create a ParentVue account. You will need an active email address to create an account.
- Answer the questions in each section of the enrollment form. Once a section is complete, a green check mark will appear next to the section title. If you are registering more than one child, you will be given the option to add additional scholars directly to this form.
- After all sections are complete, review and submit the form. You can review the status of your registration at any time by clicking on the “Status” tab at the top of the page.
Step 3: Submit Documentation
The final step in the enrollment process is to gather all necessary enrollment documents and submit them to the school. The following documents are required:
- Birth Certificate - A certified copy of the child’s birth certificate; this usually means the birth certificate has a raised seal
- Immunization Record - A current, complete record of the child’s immunizations
- Photo ID of Enrolling Parent - Photo identification for the enrolling parent; acceptable forms include driver’s license, state ID card, and passport
- Proof of Residency - A housing agreement (copy of mortgage, rental/lease agreement, property tax statement) OR recent utility bill (gas, water, electric, etc.) with name and address clearly printed on the document
- Copy of IEP (if eligible for services) - If the scholar receives special education programming, a copy of the Individualized Education Plan is requested at the time of enrollment; this ensures the scholar is provided proper programming
These documents can be brought to the main office of the enrolling school for processing.
Returning to GRPS? Register today!
Step 1: Complete Annual Registration
You can complete your child’s annual registration through ParentVue. Simply log into your account, update any information that changed, and submit the form! You can review the status of your registration at any time by clicking on the “Status” tab at the top of the page.
Step 2: Update Documentation
Each year, families are required to submit proof of residency (housing agreement or recent utility bill). Please provide a recent document to the school for processing. Additionally, if your child has any new or updated information that needs to be shared (vaccines, at-school medication, special services, etc.), please provide documentation to the main office.
If you are unsure of what documents the school may need, you may contact the school directly. They’ll be able to tell you if any updated paperwork is required.