Management Information Systems
The Grand Rapids Public Schools Management Information Systems (MIS) Department is responsible for providing administration, support and training on all information technology related systems throughout the district. We are committed to providing outstanding technology resources for all GRPS staff and scholars.
Technology Support & Services
The department is comprised of 22 highly qualified IT professionals who provide design, implementation, maintenance, and support for over 36,000 devices.
We provide solutions and technical expertise to all GRPS end users, including teachers, principals, secretaries, and central office staff, of all MIS supported technology including classroom technology (software and hardware) through e-mail, phone, and on-site visits.
The Helpdesk provides e-mail, and phone support for all GRPS end-users with their technical computer-related problems.
- Support of district standard desktop and laptops including hardware and software
- Windows, Macintosh, and Mobile Operating Systems support
- Phone, Voicemail, and Audio/Video Telecommunications support
- Networking support
- eMail, Network, Voicemail, and other systems password support
- General troubleshooting of desktop and mobile software products, email, payroll, financial, HR, and student records system
- Network Printing, Imaging, and Document management support
If these trained professionals can’t resolve your issue they turn it over to the PC Technicians. Parents, guardians, scholars, or teachers are not allowed to attempt repairs themselves or contract with any other individual or business to repair any school-provided equipment. Every effort will be made to repair or replace the device in a timely fashion.
Headed up by Ray Johnson, this group of individuals have years of experience and extensive knowledge of anything technology related. They provide on-site repair and support for computer systems, associated software, and attached peripherals. The PC Technicians work very closely with the Help Desk and the Network Administration team.
Headed up by Craig Ghareeb, this team deals with anything related to the network and its operation. GRPS's WAN connects the district's 50+ sites with high-speed Internet, Voice, Video, and many other services. The network team also supports the VOIP telephone system and coordinates closely with the Help Desk and PC Technicians.
The Instructional Technology Specialist leads our Instructional Support team with Instructional Technologists assigned to various buildings in the district. These IT’s provide professional development and work closely with teachers on integrating technology into their curriculum.
Custom reports, systems analysis, security administration, project management, and deployment of additional modules for the Bi-Tech system.
- Systems analysis functions for the district's Financial, HR, and Payroll systems. This includes the development of custom reports, security administration, project management, and the deployment of additional modules.
- Development of customized database applications.
Help Desk Support
The Helpdesk provides e-mail, and phone support for all GRPS end users with their technical computer related problems.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday | 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Request for Proposals (RFPs)
Grand Rapids Public Schools is proud to work with reliable vendors who support our schools and operations. Visit our Procurement Portal to view all open RFPs.