CÉSAR E. CHÁVEZ ELEMENTARY (PK-5 Grade)
December 2, 2020
Dear Cesar E. Chavez Families:
Yesterday evening we learned a Cesar E. Chavez staff member has tested positive for COVID-19. Below are some items you need to know regarding this situation:
- Cesar E. Chavez is cleaned daily and special attention will again be paid to employee work areas. The building does not need to be closed.
- Staff who were identified as meeting close contact criteria were notified and given quarantine instructions.
- Identifying and sharing specific information about those involved is prohibited by privacy/HIPAA regulations. We are following the medical guidance of the Kent County Health Department with additional guidance from our district nursing staff.
- Should you or a member of your family become ill, please contact your supervisor, as well as your healthcare provider. If you become ill, please contact HR so COVID-19 related benefits can be discussed.
- Staff in quarantine may not enter buildings or participate in district events and should remain home for the duration of the quarantine.
- We are continuing to engage in mitigation and sanitization protocols to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
We greatly appreciate your partnership as we work together to support our students and staff during this time. Please contact me with any questions you have in the coming days.
Aimee Garcia, Principal
Return to Learn Parent Information Session
Welcome back to GRPS and the 2020-21 school year. We are excited to have your student(s) back with us for a great year of learning and growing as we navigate through this unprecedented time. The COVID 19 pandemic has certainly altered many aspects of our lives and the health and safety of our students and staff are the most important factors in our decision making.
Once again, we want to thank you for your continued patience and support during this time. We will need each other to be supportive, flexible, understanding, and healthy to overcome the circumstances to give our students the best experience for their future. Please walk along with us to ensure a healthy, safe, and productive school year for our students.