RIVERSIDE MIDDLE SCHOOL (6-8)
265 Eleanor St. NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49505
Breakfast 7:15 a.m.
Start Time 7:40 a.m.
Dismissal 2:21 p.m.
Half Day Dismissal 10:25 a.m.
Riverside Middle School is committed to creating a true comprehensive middle school environment that focuses on student achievement and supports students socially and emotionally. Riverside Middle School is located in northeast Grand Rapids just east of Riverside Park. Riverside serves students in grades 6-8 in a beautiful park-like setting.
Consider Riverside for your child if:
- You are seeking teachers who believe in your child’s potential to learn and achieve.
- You want your child to learn in an environment of high expectations.
- You believe students should take ownership of their education to prepare for the best possible future.
- You value strong relationships with faculty and other parents.
Riverside Middle Beliefs Statement:
- We believe ALL students can learn.
- We believe in a strong partnership between students, parents, the community, and Riverside Middle School.
- We believe in creating an environment of high expectations, caring, respect, open communication, diversity and inclusiveness, trust, and collaboration.
- We believe that ALL students should take ownership of their education and develop a positive outlook for their future.
AVAILABLE AT RIVERSIDE
Riverside is proud to offer:
- Parent-Teacher Community Council.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) services.
- Active parent and community involvement with parents participating in school improvement, classroom activities and special events.
Excel at Riverside
Riverside is proud to have an outstanding team of teachers and support staff. In fact, 95% of parents surveyed said they feel like the school’s staff cares about their child. Students enjoy a welcoming learning environment where staff works together to meet the needs of all children.
PARENTS AS PARTNERS
Riverside values parents as partners in their child’s education. Parents are regularly involved as volunteers and participate in many family events throughout the year. According to a recent parent survey, 96% of parents feel welcome at Riverside.
Staff are trained to identify individual student needs and customize their teaching to the student to help them succeed. 89% of parents feel their child is challenged at school. Riverside has also seen a 7% increase in the number of students reading at or above grade level in the last 3 years.
Riverside is committed to providing students with engaging opportunities during the school day and beyond. Students enjoy exciting guest speakers and field trips throughout the year. They also have the opportunity to participate in 10 free athletic programs or attend the LOOP after-school program and join in recreation, arts and cultural activities, field trips, and more.
Staff at Riverside take a fair, firm, and consistent approach to discipline. In fact, 88% of parents said they see that the school’s rules are consistently enforced for all students. This approach is paired with a program known as Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS), which recognizes students for making good choices and showing positive behavior. The result is a safe and secure learning environment.